Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tailcone finished, now what?

I just completed the riveting of the skins of the tailcone, a very satisfying task that resulted in something that begins to look like an airplane as the following pictures show:

On this picture you can see that the shelves in the background are empty: I have used all the parts: Time for the wing kit to come!

Now the classic view of the cascading ribs (every builder does it!):

I got another assist from Schmetterling when installing the trim wire as I described in this posting on VAF Forum.
Overall the instructions were quite useful with just a few omissions that could be worked around through educated guess or going to other builders sites like Schmetterling, my favorite. I found out that Schmetterling has a tendency to make the same mistakes that I do, so now I first read his log and learn from his ordeals which he does not hesitate to document in a very unselfish way. Thank you Schmetterling!

No comments:

Post a Comment