Saturday, December 1, 2012

I am an empty nester!

My bird has gone away and I feel lonely!
It all started this way, one morning a guy eager to show off an RV-12 in his hangar shows-up with a big trailer:


Once wrapped expertly by Terry, the bird takes to the highway:


And ends-up 45 minutes later at the place where it is going to get a double make-over: painting and Service Bulletin 12-11-09 implementation:


Why mixing painting and the SB?
Good question!
The idea comes from my painter Terry (aka Claude Monet) who owns the shop above:
As we have to take the MLG off and as the engine is not yet on, we have a perfect timing to put the fuselage on a "rotisserie" and therefore make the painting "easier" (we have to go easy on Monet's back!).
For the time being though we are in the blue regarding the delivery of the SB kit. After some investigation, I found that my friend Kim whose RV-12 is flying will receive the kit before me and, talking to him, he is willing to swap his kit with mine as he is going away for a couple of months and will not work on it right away. Problem is, VANs did not have Kim's RV-12 on the flying list but he had them update their files and we are now hoping for the best...
Still, getting back in my workshop the same day, I felt lonely and sad... My companion for 2 1/2 year was gone!


Not to worry, it will be back to mount the engine which is waiting for this by the garage door.

No comments:

Post a Comment