Wednesday, April 3, 2013

We are now propelled!

Propeller work over, it was another delicate task requiring lots of attention and concentration on instructions. I had to navigate between VANs and Sensenich instructions and parts. No major screw-up although I was concerned about the pitot tube tracking requirement to be less than 1/16th of an inch.


Here the Trade Mark of the RV-12: the pitot tube coming out of the spinner covering the propeller's hub:

Normally the pitot tube is located under the wing but as the wings of the RV-12 are removable, this solution was necessary.
At this point of my project, I still have the following tasks to complete:
- Exhaust system
- Cooling system
- Control cables (Power, Choke and Heating)
- Putting all placards mandated by the FAA
... we will then head to the airport where my wings are waiting for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment