Sunday, August 11, 2013

First Engine Run in Pictures

Today I had my first engine run with the help of Donald Berry a certified Rotax A & P. The following pictures taken by my daughter Anne who assisted in the preparation of the run tell it all:

Anne in the hangar, making airplane noise for the last time before the run:


The setup, plane tied to my car, just in case...


Preparing to crank under the eye of the expert, Donald Berry:


Engine started, I lost my hat:


Here we go, 2000 rpm, no hands!


2500 rpm, lost my hat again!


3000 rpm, I miss my canopy!



4000 rpm, that's it, I can take no more, no more, no more!


Victory lap back in the hangar


4 comments:

  1. Wow JP! If you're not having fun you sure have everyone else fooled. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome JP, congrats to you and Annie. My hat is off to you both

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! You're doing great work and never slowing down =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Such an important milestone. You're so close now, this is when it really gets exciting!

    ReplyDelete