Thursday, February 24, 2011

Visit of Denny Smith's RV-12 in Carthage, NC


I went to see how much Denny's optional interior is covering the floor and sides of the cockpit. I took a few pictures but found out that VAN's web site has much better ones. Anyway I put mine here. Met Denny's plane partner and discussed a few points: priming and painting. They have a nice textured paint for the dashboard so I took a picture of the rattle can they used.

The upholstery gives a very professional look at the interior, you don't have the feeling that you look at an amateur built plane, I believe that it is worth the money.

Denny and his partner have now 6 hours of flight. Clearly the winter weather we had since their first flight in December was not very inviting to take to the air. After my visit I had a sandwich at the Pik'N Pig on the airport and I saw the RV-12 take off with a pretty steep rate of climb.






































No comments:

Post a Comment