Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tailcone Attached, Aft Window Clecoed

Back to building after the hiatus of my checkride.
I was able to attach the tailcone to the fuselage without too much trouble. The alignment was easy thanks to my shortened EAA table (see earlier post) combined with the regular EAA table that I did not modify. The instructions from VANs were helpful. When the mating was done I just hung the tailcone with a sling to the ceiling's rafters.
The Aft Window installation was not that well documented and I had to go to VAF forum and make a search to find out the best method. The difficulty stems from the fact that the window comes as a flat polycarbonate sheet that has to be shaped to fit. The solution that is not documented in the instructions consists in Clecoing first the aft holes and progress toward the front. here are two pictures that sum up the process:
First hold the sheet folded with strings attached to the roll bar


Then start clecoing the aft holes to the turtle neck:


Finally the Aft Window is in place:

No comments:

Post a Comment