Saturday, December 10, 2011

Wheeling and Dealing

This is what I discovered while mounting the tire on my front wheel:


This spot is diametrically opposed to the one above:
 

I have two more tires to mount but on inspection they do not seem to have this problem.
I have referred this to VANs and am waiting for their answer which hopefully will be a return.

As of December 17:
Vans sent me a new tire that I received today, no cost involved. They also asked me to return the bad tire to the tire vendor which I did. Issue closed.

What an RV-12 wheel is made of:

And don't imagine that it's easy to get there: the wheel comes all assembled and you have to pick it apart to mount the tire! Interestingly, there is no instruction to disassemble, in doubt I had to call Vans to make sure I was doing it right. Oh well, may be I'm not that smart!


At least I will know what keeps me rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment