Friday, April 8, 2011

Page 22-05




No need to turn the assemblies upside down to do the job as the picture would suggest. There are not that many rivets that riveting from below is painful. The mating of the Forward Assy to the Mid Assy was not too tricky, just a few push & tugs. One problem you will face is the rivets on each side of the steps cannot be set without unscrewing the steps. No big deal, takes only 10 minutes. You may waste more time figuring out how to rivet around the steps. I went through a few builder's sites looking for hints until I found that Marty mentioned the problem and the solution.
I am done with section 22, except for the ProSeal application and riveting of the lower firewall shelf. I hope to receive the ProSeal late today if UPS makes the 2 days shipping from VANs.
Here is how my plane looks now:



Are not the steps inviting to climb in?

No comments:

Post a Comment