Monday, November 14, 2011

How to build a taxiway

Having been slowed down all Summer and facing now Winter, I have decided to postpone my move to an airport hangar until late Winter or early Spring. One of the delaying factors is the release of the new avionics kit based on Dynon's Skyview which was initially expected for July but has been delayed one month every month since. To be fair VANs never committed for a release date. They are facing a complex problem because they have several changes to do in parallel and they are dealing with the E-LSA certification of a retrofit for the first time. This delay is not that of a problem for me because I still have a lot to do on the finishing kit but some fellow builders are blocked at a time they thought they would be flying - how frustrating! I therefore decided to do a maximum in my workshop to cope with this situation and the first conclusion I drew was that I needed a large slab in front of my workshop to perform the wings as well as empennage fittings that initially I had planned to do in an airport hangar.
How to build a taxiway?
First build a drive way and then taxi an airplane on it!
Here is my taxiway under construction:

And here it is completed:
Now the RV-12 is on its stands, ready to move outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment