Saturday, November 26, 2011

This thing has got wings! ...

... It must be a plane - So were the neighbors thinking today while driving by my workshop.

After working on a few contraptions allowing to move fuselage and wings around and having a runway built in front of my workshop, today the conditions were perfect to have a wing fitting session. I got help from my friend François Hautin (a former colleague from Alcatel and NC State) which allowed me to communicate in French, a language in which we are both better at cursing than English.


 One wing inside, one wing outside: this will allow me to carry on the building at home for a few more months. There is nothing like a 30 seconds commute to work!
François is recovering from the stress of carrying the two wings from my basement to my "Taxiway" which requires slaloming between the trees of my backyard:

 No damage done and the wings in place =  A happy builder!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment