Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Page 32-06

Completed, with some pain caused by the paint:
Not a big deal but this may save some future builders the aggravation I went through yesterday.
Steps 4 and 5 are about attaching the WD-1215 Flapperon Torque arms which is happening in very tight quarters. In step 4 I found quickly that the AN3 bolt would not pass through the holes of WD-1215 because of the paint. A bit of filing solved the problem. Unfortunately, after struggling through the attachment both WD-1215, I found that, in step 5, I had the same problem for attaching the WD-1215 to the pushrod assemblies! There is no way that you can file the inside of these holes once the WD-1215 are attached: I had the disassemble the two WD-1215 to clear the holes!
... and I consider myself lucky that the 4 AN-960 that were superglued to the brackets stayed in place through the two installations.

 Page 32-07
 Completed


No comments:

Post a Comment