Saturday, March 12, 2011

Page 21-08 & 21-09

At last, all assemblies begin to be stitched together



There is some tricky riveting as there is not enough room for the pneumatic rivet puller:
The hand rivet puller from the Avery tool kit saves the day!

Just enough room once the left and right seat assemblies have been propped up:

This provides just enough room for the manual puller to operate.

Then page 21-09 disaster strikes on step 3!


The An3-24A bolt refuses to screw into the nutplate:


The nutplate is too small for an AN3 bolt, my mistake!
Here is how this mistake happened: the bag containing nut
plates had three different sizes that I sorted and put into a drawer:

I thought the sorting was K1000-3 then 4 then 06 by increasing size but the 0 in front of 06 is meaningful which makes the -06 platenut smaller than the K1000-3. I misidentified the K1000-06 as a K1000-3!

The bad news: I have to remove the F1204CL L and R to get access to the platenuts to be replaced (of course I made the same mistake on the right side)
The good news: the two dozen rivets I have to drill out are all pop rivets, easy to drill.

After a couple hours of work everything is A OK and I just feel lucky: the nut
plates could have been in a much more difficult to access location





No comments:

Post a Comment