Friday, March 18, 2011

Page 21-12 : not a bad day after all!




This page entails lots of riveting with several types of rivets and therefore several riveting tools. The Avery squeezer was used with several rivet sets, almost the whole gamut.
Not a lot of challenges, only a few rivets tricky to squeeze, mostly nutplate rivets located close to obstructions leaving little room for the squeezer's head. I continue to be amazed at how a good job my handle extensions of the Avery squeezer perform on AN 470 rivets (if you are not familiar go back to my early postings on the subject). I wonder how other builders cope with this clearly underpowered squeezer with its stock handles.
After a satisfying day (for a builder any day without frustration is a good day!) I was able to leave the workshop early but not before proudly displaying the fruit of my labor. Note that the door of my workshop were open to enjoy this first real spring day with temperatures in the low eighties. (You will need to enlarge the pictures to appreciate the workmanship!
:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment