Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Page 21-10

Here we go:
Once again, we are going back in the manufacturing mode. Nothing tricky in the first six steps, just lots of deburring and also some prepping as there are three parts of pure AL alloy not Alclad. Also note that the double flush rivets on the control column mount assemblies are not really flush on the shop head side. As long as the rivet is the correct size and the double countersinks are made per the rivet head spec, I don't think this is a problem. In any case I will know later when the assy is installed.
At step 6 I had a problem: there are 4 #30 holes that have to be final drilled at 7/16 and 3/4 of an inch. Could not find any drill bit of this size in my tool kit so I went to Lowe's to buy the corresponding bits - fount the 7/16 but could not find a 3/4. Looking through the alternatives, I locate this unibit which has the sizes I need and I have an epiphany: a unibit is part of the tool kit but I stored it with the countersink/dimple dye tools!Is this what they call a senior moment? May be not, in a real senior moment I would have bought this unibit again! Close call!
Back to the shop, without spending a dime, found the unibit and did the job like a cinch:







-->

No comments:

Post a Comment